Keep the kids (or yourself!) busy over the holidays...
As well as making your delicious coffee here at CC HQ you can take away our used coffee grinds to make fossils! Yes you heard right, courtesy of Merchant Taylor's School below is the recipe for creating your very own dinosaur fossils...
What you will need:
- 1 cup used Crosby Coffee grounds
- ½ cup cold coffee
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup salt
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Small objects such as shells and plastic play animals
What to do:
- Measure the ingredients and begin mixing them together in a bowl. Start with only 1 cup of the flour and add more if the dough is too sticky to work with.
- Knead the dough together with his hands, then roll small circles, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Now, flatten the rounds using the palm of your hand. Then, encourage the children to find an item to press into the fossil dough. Things like leaves, the side of a shell, or feet of plastic play animals leave interesting fossil impressions.
- Allow the dough to dry overnight, and you have your very own set of fossils!
When the fossils are all done, bury them in a sandbox and have your child search for them. The dig area can be roped off, and they can use shovels and brushes to unearth the fossil just like a real palaeontologist!Come down to the shop grab yourself a Coldbrew and a bag of our used coffee grinds which will be left outside the Roastery door all summer!